The first known casinos in Australia were New South Wales clubs (NSW) in 1956. Consequently, it was the very first chance to play Pokie legally. In those days, the first casinos could not boast of big winnings and jackpots.
Things are different nowadays, you can get lucky, here are the best paying online pokies in Australia.
If in 1956 it was possible to receive a reward like now, it would have called for an acceleration in the pace of legalization of land-based casinos.
The reason for legalizing commercial casinos was to speed up the rate of development in the country. The first legal Casino slots were at the Wrest Point Hotel Casino, which opened on 10 February 1973. It is still in operation to this day.
As of the time of writing, Australia has 13 legal casinos.
Australia’s Top 3 biggest Casino Jackpots
While Australian lotteries offer a player a fair chance of winning significant prizes, some also offer slots for fun. Australian Jackpots have enjoyed great history for decades, the top 3 casino jackpots in Australia are:
- Australian Powerball
- Oz lotto
- Saturday lotto.
Australian Powerball jackpot begins at $3 million and rolls over every week it is not won.
The Jackpot resets after every division 1 win.
Australian Powerball has 7 main numbers, and a Powerball. 7 numbers are drawn at random from a collection of 35 balls that are numbered from 1 to 35. Powerball is drawn from another barrel with balls from 1 to 20. The combinations are explained below:
- Division 1: Match all 7 numbers and a Powerball. Winning odds are 1 in 134,490,400.
- Division 2: To qualify for division 2, you must choose all 7 numbers. Winning chance is 1 in 7,078,443.
- Division 3: To qualify for this, you must pick 6 of the 7 balls and Powerball. The odd rises significantly to 1 in 686,176.
- Division 4: You must pick any 6 of the 7 numbers to qualify for this division. The odds of winning is 1 in 36,115.
- Division 5: To qualify for this division, you must pick any 5 of the 7 numbers and the Powerball. The odds of winning this are 1 in 16,943.
- Division 6: The odds of winning this is considerably higher at 1 in 1,173. Pick any 4 of the 7 numbers and the Powerball.
- Division 7: You must pick any 5 of the 7 numbers. The odds of winning this rises again to 1 in 892.
- Division 8: To qualify for this, you must choose any 3 of the 7 winning numbers and the Powerball. The odds of winning are 1 in 188.
- Division 9: Choosing any 2 of the 7 numbers and the Powerball is enough to qualify for this division. The odds of winning are at their highest – 1 in 66.
The highest amount of Australian Powerball that has ever been reportedly won is $150 million.
Launched in 1994, Oz lotto is one of Australia’s most popular lotteries as a result of its enormous jackpots and easy rules. Initially, it was similar to the Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday Lotto as it requires 6 numbers to be drawn out of 45. In 2005, however, a number was added to make it a 7/45 game – improving your chances of winning its top prize.
Nine balls are drawn at random from a collection of 45 balls from 1 to 45. The first 7 numbers form the winning numbers, while the last 2 numbers are the “supplementary numbers”. Below are the top prizes:
- Division 1: The minimum prize of $2 million is won when you choose all 7 winning numbers. The odds of winning this ultimate prize is 1 in 45,378,620.
- Division 2: The odds rise significantly when you pick 6 out of 7 winning numbers, with 1 supplementary number. The odds for this is 1 in 3,241,401.
- Division 3: If you pick 6 out of 7 winning numbers, Ozo lotto awards a smaller prize. The odds for this is 1 in 180,078.
- Division 4: The odds of winning rises to 1 in 29,062 when you pick 5 out of 7 winning numbers and a supplementary.
- Division 5: When you choose 5 out of 7 numbers, you qualify for this division. Yet, the odd for this is 1 in 3,430.
- Division 6: The odds of winning this is 1 in 154. To qualify for this, you must choose 4 out of 7 numbers.
- Division 7: The lowest division offers the highest odds of winning at 1 in 87. You can qualify for this by choosing just 3 out of 7 numbers.
The lottery record is $111,972,151, which was set in 2012. This Jackpot wins well at Australian Casinos. The several divisions offer a great chance of claiming a big prize.
It was first introduced in 1972. Over the years, many changes have been made to it.
6 balls and 2 supplementary balls make up the winning combination:
- Division 1: Picking all 6 balls gets you the ultimate prize. However, the odds for this are 1 in 8,145,600.
- Division 2: You must pick 5 numbers and 1 supplementary to qualify for this. The odds for this is 1 in 678,755.
- Division 3: You need 5 balls for this. The odds are slightly higher at 1 in 36,690.
- Division 4: You must choose 4 out of the 6 winning numbers. The odds for this is 1 in 733.
- Division 5: You must choose the 3 main winning numbers and a supplementary to win this. The odds are set at 1:298.
- Division 6: The odds for this are set at 1:53 when you pick 3 numbers.
It is worth noting that this lotto offers the highest chance to get a jackpot, and Aussies are always positive when they play.
Free slot machines
Some slots machines offer chances of learning how to get Jackpots, but you can also try slots for fun:
If you successfully match your number to the drawn numbers, you are rewarded with the grand prize. The winning combinations without boosts are explained below:
- Match 6 numbers and 1 super, get grand prize whose odds are set at 1:56,035,316,700.
- You can also win big when you match 5 numbers and 1 super. The odds for this are set at 1:9,339,219,450.
- You can also match 6 numbers at an odd set at 1:629,610,300.
The odds are quite high but the top prizes are huge.
Mustang Money is an online Pokie that Ainsworth designed. It offers so many bonuses for players. The top prize is set at 1000 coins. Yet, Jackpot is non-progressive – only available at a preset price. There are bonus symbols that contribute to the winning combination. When 3 or more symbols appear on payline, you qualify for the bonus round, where you are awarded 10 free spins. When the coin symbol is on reel 1, you get a 2X multiplier. When it is on reel 4, you receive a 5X multiplier.
Big red offer pokie machines, free slots play for fun no download, with 5 reels.
Aristocrat released their 5 pay line free slot game in 2014.
- When 5,4,3 or 2 scatters appear on payline, you get a 50X, 20X, 5X, or 2X multiplier, respectively.
- However, when you land 5 crocodile symbols, get the top prize of 1250 coins.
- When a warthog appears 1X,2X,3X,4X or 5X, you get a 2X, 10X, 100X, 250X or 1000X multiplier respectively.
- When the eagle symbol appears 5X, 4X, 3X, or 2X, you get a 600X, 150X, 50X, or 3X multiplier, respectively
- When the dingo symbol appears 5X, 4X, 3X, or 2X, you get a 400X, 100X, 25X, and 2X multiplier, respectively.
Big red offers the most excellent chance to win big. Australians embrace gambling and the rate of gambling can only go up. As the year passes, the chances of winning jackpots keep getting better.